All of the libraries in the Miami-Dade Public Library System (M-DPLS) allow non-residents to come in and use their computers for Internet access, or to use their wireless internet service on your own WiFi-enabled laptop. For either purpose, you must show a valid Photo I.D. and obtain a Guest Library Card.
Guests may use a library computer for 1 hour, but this time can be extended if no other patrons are waiting. Guest Card holders are limited to 2 hours of computer time per day. You may use the library printer for a fee of 15 cents per page. Note that this free Internet access is also very popular with the locals, so try to avoid coming in the evenings or you may have to wait for a computer.
There are over 40 branches of the M-DPLS, with more opening each year. Here is a listing of the locations of most interest to visitors. For a full listing, visit their Branch Locations list.
- Coconut Grove Branch, 2875 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove, 305-442-8695
- Coral Gables Branch, 3443 Segovia Street, Coral Gables, 305-442-8706
- Key Biscayne Branch, 299 Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, 305-361-6134
- Main Library (Downtown), 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, 305-375-2665
- North Shore Branch (Miami Beach), 7501 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, 305-864-5392
- South Shore Branch (South Beach), 131 Alton Road, Miami Beach, 305-535-4223
- Sunny Isles Branch, 18070 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, 305-682-0726