Miami International AirportMiami International Airport (Airport Code MIA) is the third busiest airport in the U.S.
- Served by all major airlines
- Direct flights offered from most major cities
- Central location makes it a short drive to your hotel
- Very busy and crowded – expect gridlock
- Hard to find your way around if you are not familiar with it
- Served by few discount carriers
Check flight rates to Miami International Airport.
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International AirportFort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Airport Code FLL) is a smaller airport, located about 40 minutes north of MIA.
- Less busy and crowded
- Served by several discount operators such as JetBlue and Spirit, which offer bargain fares
- Served by a smaller number of airlines
- Fewer direct flights available
- The drive to Miami can take 40-50 minutes, thus higher taxi costs
Check flight rates to Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
Compare Flight Rates & Transportation CostsTo decide which airport to fly into, check flight rates to find the flights offered to these airports from your city of departure.
When comparing the flights costs, make sure to factor in the cost of transportation from the airport to your hotel. Note that transportation from Fort Lauderdale is going to be more expensive. For example: Taking a taxi from MIA to Miami Beach costs $24, while taking one from FLL costs close to $70.